How we represent you within the Integrated Care System Plans
We want to ensure that as many people as possible are aware of changes to the way that their local healthcare services are provided, and are given the opportunity to have their say on proposed changes.
While our local Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP) has been renamed an Integrated Care System, our role has remained the same.
So far we have:
- Helped organise a series of pre-consultation events in early 2017 and shared feedback with BLMK STP
- Conducted a survey to find out how much local people are aware of the STP and what it could mean for their healthcare
- Gave information to Healthwatch England about how well BLMK STP communicated and involved local Healthwatch and the public in plans
Our ongoing activities:
- We have a seat on the Priority 5 System Redesign Programme Board where we listen to plans, act as a 'critical friend' and advise on/promote public involvement in key decisions that might affect them
- We regulary attend public engagement events for other Priority Areas (Prevention, Primary Care and DIgital) to keep informed of plans and represent your views
- Are a partner at the Local Maternity System meetings, a workstream for the ICS looking at Maternity Services across Milton Keynes, Bedforshire and Luton.
- Continue to share information about what plans for the BLMK area will mean for your local health services
- Regularly meeting the BLMK ICS Communications Team at the Public Voice Partnership, promoting public involvement and challenging approaches to engagement