The coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak means you should only leave your home if it's essential, but it's still easy to get NHS help using your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Milton Keynes University Hospital:
- Visitng Restrictions
- Face Masks
- Cancer Servcies update
- Outpatient appointments update
Families and friends can now drop off items for patients
Maternity Servcies update
Milton Keynes Council:
Orthodontic treatment following COVID-19 pandemic: The national Orthodontic Working Group have created an orthodontic patient information leaflet, covering common Frequently Asked Questions and concerns from patients and/or guardians relating to orthodontic treatment post COVID-19. Click here to view leaflet.
Other services and support:
MK CIL: reopening, strictly by appointment only, to provide benefit advocacy and advice on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. To make an appointment, you can email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01908231344 (please leave a message if your call is not answered)
- Carers MK: operating as closely to our normal services as we possibly can at this time. We are now carrying out support groups, activities, training, workshops and counselling virtually or via the telephone. Carers can still contact Carers MK during the operational hours of 9-5 Monday – Friday, for information, advice and guidance.
- Rethink Mental Illness: Are continuing to deliver individually tailored remote support to everyone accessing the service - normally weekly by phone. Rethink continue facilitating daily Facebook Messenger chats and chat and Zoom versions of The MK Hearing Voices Group. Rethink have reinstated face to face 1tot1 with individuals most at risk and most isolated - at the moment these meetings have been outdoors. We have also been running small outdoor group activities like walks for a few weeks and hope to continue these as long as the weather and participation levels allow. Rethink are actively looking at how we can restart small social group meeting indoors.
- Diabetes UK MK: all events and groups cancelled until further notice.
- Arriva Bus: Most services across Milton Keynes are now running their normal pre-lockdown routes and services except for the services listed here.
- MK-ACT: As a precaution, our Crisis Service, Fresh Start Perpetrator Programme, Programme’s and Training have temporarily suspended all face to face and group appointments. All phone lines and email inboxes will be covered as usual. Click here for more details.
MK YiS have returned to face to face counselling for our YMCA service. All other counselling is taking place over the phone or online but we are planning a slow and careful return to our counselling venues over the next few months. Young people or adults that support them can contact YiS on Messenger to get informal support and advice from one of our trained volunteers, chat with us at m.me/YiSMentalHealth.
Opticians: Routine optical services can resume (as of 17th June)
For information about the support that is available during this period, please click here.
Please note: The information above was correct at the time of publishing. We are aware that changes are happening quickly, and will update the page when we receive further information. Please contact us if you have more information that could be added to this page.