The coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak means you should only leave your home if it's essential, but it's still easy to get NHS help using your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Milton Keynes University Hospital:
- Visitng Restrictions
- Face Masks
- Cancer Servcies update
- Outpatient appointments update
Families and friends can now drop off items for patients
Maternity Servcies update
Milton Keynes Council:
- In the first instance patients should contact their regular dental practice, if they do not have a regular dentist then they can contact the 8-8 service or any local dental practice (111 have been briefed and will direct the patient in the same way). The patient will then be triaged over the phone and if it is felt that urgent treatment is required a face to face appointment will be arranged. A referral pathway for patients who are shielded and/or require domiciliary care has been developed (this will also be accessed following telephone triage). For face to face appointments we have a Urgent Dental Centre (UDC) set up in Milton Keynes with further practices in reserve should demand increase. For the safety of the patient and provider we are not disclosing the exact location of the practice. The UDCs are only accessed by appointment.
Other services and support:
- Carers MK: all activities, clubs, support groups, training workshops and counselling are cancelled until the end of April. Carers can still contact Carers MK during the operational hours of 9-5 Monday – Friday.
- Rethink Mental Illness: suspending all community based groups and acitvities and face to face working. Rethink are creating individual remote support plans with everyone using the service.
- Milton Keyes Hard of Hearing Group: twice monthly meetings and twice monthly lip-reading classes cancelled until further notice
- Diabetes UK MK: all events and groups cancelled until the end of April
- Intepreter Access During COVID-19: MK Language Service are working remotely until further notice. We will not have access to telephones so ALL face-to-face and translation bookings and queries MUST be sent via email to email@example.com. Telephone interpreting services can still be accessed via a dedicated line on 0333 240 6132 – please ensure you have your Access Code and a valid Purchase Order or Cost Centre number available before calling. If you require a face-to-face interpreter in an emergency, outside our opening hours please call 01908 311773 where you will be assisted with your request.
- Arriva Bus: In light of the government's latest advice and recommendations, as well as planned school closures, we can confirm (effective from Monday 23rd March), sadly we have had to reduce the frequency of some services. However, we will still be operating our key routes to ensure customers can continue to access critical services, and we are continuing to tailor our service changes in line with ongoing advice from the government and public health bodies. Find out more.
- Alzheimer's Society: All groups are suspended until further notice.
- MK-ACT: As a precaution, our Crisis Service, Fresh Start Perpetrator Programme, Programme’s and Training have temporarily suspended all face to face and group appointments. All phone lines and email inboxes will be covered as usual. Click here for more detials.
MK YiS are offering telephone-based counselling to their current client list and are hoping to introduce a video chat option after Easter. YiS are not accepting new referrals for counselling at the moment, but anyone can contact they on Facebook Messenger for advice and signposting. Young People and their parents can also go their website for information, advice and guidance.
Opticians: Routine optical services can resume (as of 17th June)
For information about the support that is available during this period, please click here.
Please note: The information above was correct at the time of publishing. We are aware that changes are happening quickly, and will update the page when we receive further information. Please contact us if you have more information that could be added to this page.