The new partnership arrangements have been designed to support core ‘people partnerships’ to work as effectively and efficiently as possible.
The Partnership is based on two principles:
- Simplicity - All partners should easily understand how the new arrangements work and how the different partnerships relate
- Flexibility - The arrangements need to be able to adapt to future needs or changes with legislation or emerging local issues
The new partnership plans, which incorporates multi-agency safeguarding arrangements, are summarised in the image above.
Healthwatch Milton Keynes is the sponsor for the Voice Affiliated Board.
Healthwatch Milton Keynes is delighted that the people’s voice has been given equal recognition as other Boards in the design, delivery and oversight of community safety and promoting health and wellbeing.
The aim of the Voice Board is to feed the voice of local stakeholders into the work of the partnership and working with existing groups to co-ordinate multi-agency consultation.
The Voice Board will do this by:
- Seeking the views of stakeholders and feeding back to the wider partnership.
- Creating opportunities for public and partner engagement.
- Fulfilling the Community Safety Partnership’s statutory duty to consult with the public including oversight of the annual crime and disorder survey.
- Ensuring that relevant partners for safeguarding, including GPs, schools, academies and colleges are engaged with the partnership.
- Communicating with stakeholders on the work of the partnership
Partners on the Voice Board
Milton Keynes Council (Adult and Childrens Social Care, Housing)
Milton Keynes Clinical Commissioning Group (MK CCG)
Thames Valley Police and Probation
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Trust
Healthwatch Milton Keynes
Voluntary Sector (VCSE Representative to the Health and Wellbeing Board, Community Action:MK, MK CIL, Talkback)
CNWL (Central Northwest London NHS Trust - providers of Community and Mental Health Services)
School Safeguarding Representives
South Central Ambulance Service (SCAS)
Community Safety Representative
Bucks Fire and Rescue